1. Contact Us / Schedule a Tour
Cutting Edge Pediatric Therapy understands that this may be a confusing time. We know that finding the right therapist and clinic can be frustrating and tedious. We want to make sure this process is smooth and seamless from the first time you visit our clinic. We welcome you to schedule a tour of our facility so that you can see our parent-friendly waiting room, fun treatment gyms, and just grab a cup of coffee at our coffee bar. Below we have provided you with a better understanding of the process of getting your child into treatment with Cutting Edge.
Schedule a Tour
2. Benefit Check / Financial Responsibility
With all the changes happening in healthcare and insurance, we at Cutting Edge understand that this can be a very confusing and frustrating part of your child’s treatment. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff is here to help explain and guide you through this process. We will obtain your insurance information and verify benefits prior to starting services. Once benefits have been verified we will contact you to discuss your financial responsibility. We participate with Blue Cross/Blue Shield and Medicaid Managed Care, but we will file any insurance so you can utilize your out-of-network benefits, regardless of your insurance coverage. (Please contact our office for more information on Medicaid Managed Care plans that we are currently accepting.) We offer competitive self-pay rates also, if you do not have insurance coverage, or choose not to use your insurance benefits. If an authorization needs to be obtained, we will do so prior to beginning therapy.
Check my Benefits
3. Complete New Patient Paperwork
Please create an account and complete all appropriate fields. You will notice that the medical history has multiple tabs. We ask that you provide as much information as possible, as it will help our clinicians prepare and understand the patient’s general history, along with your concerns. The information provided will be your contribution to the patient’s comprehensive clinical evaluation and treatment plan.
The Patient Portal will allow you to:
- View and print details of your upcoming appointments.
- Update patient demographics, medical history, consent forms, and insurance information.
- Confidently submit new patient information securely from the comfort of your own home.
Please reach out to the front office with any questions or patient portal issues.
4. Schedule Evaluation
When all paperwork has been received and reviewed, we will schedule an evaluation. This (typically) two-hour evaluation will provide comprehensive testing consisting of various age-appropriate activities including visual motor testing, balancing skills, and fine-motor activities. Our open gyms allow for a fun and engaging environment that will allow your therapist to observe your child’s activities.
Learn About our Evaluation
CEPT Therapists use advanced assessment tools in their evaluations, but are not limited to these measures and are able to customize our evaluation tools specifically to the needs of the client:
- Sensory Integration and Praxis Test (SIPT)
- Bruininks-Oseretsky Test of Motor Proficiency Version #2 (BOT#2)
- Peabody Developmental Motor Scale Version #2 (PDSM -2)
- M-FUN Miller Function and Participation Scales
- Visual Motor Inventory- Version 6 (VMI)
- Sensory Profile Questionnaire
- Sensory Processing Measure (SPM)
- GOAL- Oriented Assessment of Life Skills
- PEDI – Pediatric Evaluation of Disabilities Inventory
- REAL- Roll Evaluation of Activities of Life
- Canadian Occupational Performance Measure
- TVSP-3 Test of Visual Perceptual skills
5. Schedule Parent Meeting
After the evaluation is complete and your evaluating therapist has developed goals and a treatment plan, we will schedule a meeting with you to discuss the report. Our in-depth report includes your child’s assessment, observations, results, and recommendations. This meeting is typically scheduled at the time of the evaluation, and at your convenience.
6. Schedule Treatment
Once the parent meeting is complete and you have been notified of the findings of the evaluation, we will schedule treatment. We offer flexible scheduling including afterschool and weekend appointments. We can begin therapy as soon possible, per your convenience.
We are always accepting new patients and look forward to helping you and your family in your therapy goals!