What to Look For in an Occupational Therapy Clinic in Houston
We know looking for a clinic can be an overwhelming task. We want to help you learn how to make an informed decision so that you can know you’re choosing a good clinic and the one that will be the best for your child.
Here are the steps we recommend taking when you’re evaluating a new clinic:
- Check out their website. We’re in the information age, and the internet is always a great place to start your research. Does the website look fresh and clean? Even more importantly, has it been updated? Does it show that the people behind the website are paying attention, and does the website have good information on it?
- Look at the services they offer. Does this clinic fit your child’s needs? What does the clinic say they specialize in, and is that what your child needs? If the specialists there aren’t focused on the type of therapy your child needs, that might not be the best clinic for you.
- Read the therapists’ bios. You want to make sure that their credentials match what the clinic says they can do, and that they have the experience they need in order to be treating your child.
- Look at their Facebook page. Do they talk about taking continuing education courses? Are they posting pictures, showing that they’re trying to be progressive and innovative and keeping up with the latest research to help your child?
- Take a tour. Once you’re satisfied with what you find online, call the clinic and ask to take a tour. Come in and meet the people. Are they friendly? Is the clinic clean? How does the general vibe of the clinic feel to you? Many of our clients have said that they feel a very positive vibe in our clinic, and we’re proud of that!
- Talk to the therapists. Ask the therapists what they like best about working at that clinic. Ask them what their specialty is. Tell them about the issues your child has, and get the therapist’s perspective. When you talk to them you can get a sense of their expertise and their personality to see if this is a good fit for your child.
Then if you feel comfortable with all of the above, you can start moving forward with getting therapy services for your child at that clinic with confidence that it will be the right place for your child.
Give us a call if you have any questions, or would like to schedule a tour with us!
[su_button url=”https://cuttingedgepediatrictherapy.com/schedule-a-tour/” style=”flat” background=”#55BEB1″ size=”5″ radius=”0″ icon=”icon: arrow-circle-right”]Schedule a Tour[/su_button]